When it comes to shopping for millennials, there’s some easy ways to win. Whether it’s gift cards to a favorite coffee shop, a manicure, or pedicure, there’s great ideas for the 20 somethings in your life. Use this guide to direct you and make the best purchases buy for the millennial in your life.
Keep reading for the full guide after the jump!
1. A great candle: There’s something about a great candle. It creates a mood, a bit of focus, and make a room feel extra cozy. By choosing a universally pleasing scent, with notes of citrus and fir, you’ll be able to gift thoughtfully. Our favorites, volcano or teakwood and tobacco.
2. A scarf: Looking for the perfect, one-size fits all gift? A blanket scarf in a neutral will keep her warm throughout the season, whether it’s walks through city parks or across campus. We love a scarf as a great stocking stuffer. Looking for something on trend or timeless? Try a smart windowpane plaid.
3. Shoes: What girl doesn’t love shoes? If you know someone’s style pick them up a classic boot, mule, or heel. Whether it’s a chelsea boot, velvet day heel, or mule, this is an item of luxury a millennial may not be able to afford themselves.
4. Makeup: Let’s be honest. Good makeup can be shockingly expensive. If you know your millennial super well (including shades, preferences, and colors), pick up makeup that they’ve been saving to restock for their daily use. If you’re not exactly sure their shade, pick up a stunning eyeshadow palette in a beautiful array of neutrals or a fun neutral gloss. We love the Naked Palettes from Urban Decay or anything from Glossier.
5. Coffee, loose leaf tea, and your favorite accessories: Most millennials have grown up with a coffeeshop culture and love the experience of a $4 latte. Pick up a gift card from their favorite shop, buy a pound of their favorite coffee, or for the budding barista purchase items for them to make a perfect cup at home. We love items from Fellow products and can’t live without our Aeropress.
6. A Instax camera or ways to print your digital photos: In the day and age of photos on your phone, purchase an Instax camera with film that allows for instant processing. If you have a higher budget, purchase this printer from HP for printing your favorite photos from their smartphones. (We love this idea and think the options of printed photos are endless- from scrapbooking to smash albums to wall decorations in dorm rooms and photo booths at parties. It’s the touch of the unexpected and a fun gift.)
7. Great skincare: Much like makeup, skincare can be costly. We love Australian made line from Aesop. Their resurrection hand cream is perfect for dry, cracked skin during the winter months.
8. A great water bottle: Add a bit of style with this daily essential. We love a glass water bottle with silicone fitting. These are great for taking to a yoga or spinning class or staying hydrated throughout the winter months and on the go for the summer. We love these bottles from BKR and Soma as they’re BPA free, glass, and dishwasher safe.
9. Tote bag: There’s something about well constructed basics. We firmly believe in this philosophy from our tees to jeans, shoes to bags. We invested in a beautiful tote bag two years ago and have used it everyday. The blemishes and changes in wear has only made the bag more beautiful.
10. Leggings: Perfect for days at the gym or running errands, we love these leggings. Purchasing them in a classic black, they’ll pair with most anything in your closet for a great laidback or leisure look.
Shop this post:
Teakwood & Tobacco Candle by P.F. Candle Co.
Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay
Instax Mini Camera
HP Sprocket Printer for iPhone
Aesop Resurrection Hand Cream
Soma Water Bottle
Stagg kettle from Fellow Products
The Day Magazine Tote from Everlane
Leggings from Outdoor Voices
This post contains affiliate links. Upon purchasing linked products, we will receive compensation. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands
that support Glisten & Grace.